Monday 29 June 2009

New tent!

For reasons I won't bore you with I have invested in a tent. Bishkek may be a capital city, but it doesn't appear to have a huge selection of tents: I found this one in a sports clothing store. I know little about tents, and so I enlisted the help of Tim, one of our crew, to assist in the decision making process. We ended up pitching the tent in the middle of the shop floor whilst the two lady assistants anxiously looked on at the strange foreigners wrecking their store. They were good sports though, and eventually joined in the assembly of the tent. When finished, it seemed to be a good 'un, so I bought it.

The box and instructions were all in Russian, so hopefully it didn't say anything like "not to be used outdoors" or "will melt on contact with water". Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PicMap


View Partwayround Picmap in a larger map